Sunday 8 June 2014

"Thank God! I've won The Voice!"


An Italian nun has won the country's version of The Voice. Sister Cristina Scuccia, who has even sung a duet with Kylie Minogue on the way to the final, ensured that she thanked God and Pope Francis for her victory. She received an unprecedented 62% of the telephone vote.

After being announced as the winner, she led the TV studio audience in the prayer Our Father. She then broke down in tears, she then said: "My presence here is not up to me, it's thanks to the man upstairs."

A little later, stood next to the mother superior of her Ursuline order, Sister Agatha, she added: "I really didn't expect all this... My aim was to say that I have encountered Jesus. I have a gift and God gave me that gift and I have used it to say that God has taken nothing away from me. The priorities in my life are prayer, getting up early and teaching at my school. I will never give up on my vows and the greatest love of my life for a singing career."

This video already has 52million views on YouTube:


Do you think it is right for a nun to be entering competitions like The Voice? What will she do with the winnings? She now has a professional recording contract, do you think this is right? How do you think she will cope with the fame? Do you think people just voted for her because she was a nun?

No comments:

Post a Comment